What is a Georgia visa?
A Georgia visa is an official document that grants permission to foreign nationals to enter and stay in Georgia for a specific period, the type of visa depends on the individual’s purpose of traveling to Georgia. Any citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter Georgia must first obtain a Georgian visa, which is placed in the individual’s passport, as a visa blank or is issued electronically, as an e-visa.
Table of Contents
Types of Georgia visas
For travelers who are not eligible for Georgia visa exemptions or who intend to stay in Georgia for longer periods or specific purposes, there are several visa types available. Here are some common Georgia visa types:
Applying for a Georgia visa (application steps)
The Georgia Visa Application process typically involves the following steps:
Complete the online visa application form accurately with all required personal and travel information. Make sure to double-check the details before submission.
After submitting the application form, proceed to pay the necessary visa fees within 5 hours of receiving the notification via email. Payment should be made using Visa or MasterCard. Failure to complete the payment within this timeframe may result in the cancellation of your visa application.
Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive your e-visa via email. Make sure to check your email regularly, including your spam folder, as the e-visa document and relevant details will be sent electronically.
- Find the visa application form on the official website of the Georgian visa portal or the designated platform.
- Fill out the application form accurately and completely.
- Upload the required documents as per the instructions. These documents may include your passport, personal photo, proof of accommodation, proof of financial means, a letter from employer or sponsor, and any other supporting documents required by the embassy or consulate.
- Make an appointment with the nearest Georgian embassy or representation office. You can typically schedule an appointment through the embassy’s website or by contacting them directly.
- Attend the scheduled appointment on the designated date and time.
- Submit the completed visa application form and all the required supporting documents to the embassy or consulate officer.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit/debit card if available. The payment can usually be made on the official visa application portal or through a designated payment gateway.
- Alternatively, pay the visa fee in person at the country’s embassy or representation office using the accepted payment methods. This may include cash, money order, or other acceptable forms of payment. It is advisable to check the specific payment methods accepted by the embassy or consulate.
Georgia visa requirements
The processing time for a Georgia tourist visa can vary depending on various factors such as the type of visa, the country of application, and the current workload of the embassy or consulate. It is advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date to allow for sufficient processing time. On average, the processing time can range from a few days to a few weeks, but it is always recommended to check with the embassy or consulate for the most accurate information.
Yes, for certain nationalities, Georgia offers an online visa application option known as an e-visa. The e-visa can be applied for through the official Georgia e-visa portal. However, the availability of e-visas and the specific requirements may vary based on your nationality. It is recommended to check the official visa portal or consult with the embassy or consulate for precise information on online application eligibility and requirements.
In some cases, a letter of invitation from a host in Georgia may be required as part of the visa application. This letter should confirm the purpose of your visit, provide details about your accommodation, and include the inviter’s contact information. However, the requirement for a letter of invitation may vary depending on your nationality and specific circumstances. It is recommended to check the official visa guidelines or consult with the embassy or consulate for precise information on whether a letter of invitation is required for your visa application.
The possibility of extending your stay in Georgia with a tourist visa depends on the specific visa regulations and policies in place. It is advisable to consult with the relevant authorities or immigration office in Georgia to inquire about the options and requirements for extending your stay if needed. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information regarding visa extensions and any associated fees or conditions.